PAWED ceased operations 12/31/2014 but there are many other local non-profit organizations still serving the animals in our community (See the list at the bottom of this page). Consider supporting one of them by:
- including one or more of them in Planned Giving & Estate Planning
- you can also donate directly to funds set up to help animals in the NEW COUNTY SHELTER by donating to EDCAS Pet Aid Fund.
To Volunteer at the El Dorado County Animal Services Diamond Springs Facility please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Deanna Chedsey. You may call her at 530-621-7661 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org The position is only a 1/2 time position and her hours are not yet set, but she promises she will return your calls and emails in a timely fashion.
PAWED appreciates all the help and support you provided to us and the animals in our community over the years. THANK YOU
LOCAL ANIMAL NONPROFIT LIST:
- Sierra Wildlife Rescue — They specialize in the rescue and rehabilitation of local wildlife.
- All About Equine — This group focuses on the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of horses.
- El Dorado County Animal Services -Donations should be directed to the Pet Aid Fund or the Spay/Neuter Coupon Fund
- El Dorado Humane Society — This is a rescue group in Diamond Springs that is currently home to some special needs cats.
- Animal Outreach of the Mother Lode — This is the only low cost spay/neuter facility in El Dorado County. The do sheltering and adoption of cats and spay/neuter for dogs and cats. They have a Free Feral Cat Spay/Neuter clinic each month and support Trap Neuter Return in our community.