It was a lovely evening with many new friends and donors at PAWED’s Furry Friends Fiesta 2014. The weather was absolutely purrrfect this year; 80 degrees is so much nicer than 110. The margaritas were exceptional per the usual for this event thanks to our Bartending crew (Tracey L, Leslie & Tom W.) And the food catered by
Fresh Mex in Placerville was fresh and tasty.
A range of silent auction items were available from an assortment of animal theme socks and a toaster that toasts dog bones and paws on your food to a lovely flower arrangement from Flowers on Main and a guided Sierra hike with your dog. Thank you again to all of our generous item donors for finding/funding these fun items and to the auction winners for your enthusiasm.
Thanks so much to the FUNdRAISING (the ‘d’ is silent) team of Janice, Tracey, Donna, Kelly and the fearless leader Janet K. The event was fun and very profitable for our Spay/Neuter Fund. We raised a tad over $3488.39 for the fund ($5148 income – $1659.61 expense). The money from this fund helped spay or neuter X companion animals in 2013. Thanks Jan and Barb for smoothly handling the money duties at the door.
Spay/Neuter Funding in 2013
- PAWED Mobile Clinic at EDCAS: 636 cats + 295 dogs + 19 rabbits = 950 total
- Feral Cats through AO: 295 feral cats (PAWED pays 1/2 of Dr. H salary–starting 6/13 through 12/13)
- SpayPal discount coupon program: 203 cats + 296 dogs= 499 total
- Full Pay S/N at AO: 2 cats + 26 dogs = 28 Total (PAWED authorizes our full pay of s/n for special needy cases–mostly referred to us by EDCAS officers or shelter staff)
- Grand Total 950 + 295 + 499 + 28 = 1772 animals helped in 2013